Acacia offers a full and varied sports programme throughout the year, consisting of both PE lessons and afternoon sports. We place a high value on the power of sport to help us achieve our aim of enabling all children to realise their potential.
Grades 4 to 7 have five sessions of afternoon sport per week, and Grades 1 to 3 have two afternoon sports sessions. In addition, all children from Grades R to 7 have two PE lessons a week. Please follow the links to find out more about our programme. All sports are played by both boys and girls unless otherwise stated.
Term 1: Swimming, Athletics
Term 2: Hockey, Football, Netball (girls), Rugby (boys)
Term 3: Swimming, Cricket
We provide regular opportunities throughout the year for our children to compete in tournaments, galas and friendly matches against schools in Livingstone, Lusaka, Mazabuka and Zimbabwe.
The aims of our sports programme are for all children to:
- participate in sports for enjoyment and develop a lifelong love of sports
- develop a positive competitive spirit and determination to excel
- develop excellent sportsmanship
- develop understanding of the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- develop self-esteem and self confidence
- develop self-control, discipline, and fair play
- develop social skills and teamwork
- realise their sporting potential
Our sports programme is implemented with the following guiding principles:
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- all children will have the opportunity to participate in sports, sporting teams and sporting events
- promotion of a growth mindset
- nurture a culture of challenge and achievement
- provide age appropriate opportunities